Monday 15 July 2013

Fat Quarterly Retreat Sample Swap

Only a few days left until my trip to London for the Fat Quarterly Retreat. I'll be leaving home on Wednesday and spending Wednesday night at my sister's in Dublin, to catch my Thursday morning flight to London. I'm frantically working on last minute preparations for my classes at the moment, and finally have a few photos to share of my finished sample swap goodies :)



I made sewing cases for my group using this tutorial with a few adaptions. I also made one for myself which has been in regular use ever since, so I hope their recipients will find them useful too.


Exterior fabrics are Sarah Watson's Indian Summer prints. Linings and ties are Carolina Chambray and bindings are either an Architextures crosshatch or Mama Said Sew dictionary print.


Sewing case interior features a tiny pincushion, hexy needle-keeper and four pockets (vertical pocket has been divided into two), perfect for stashing hand-stitching supplies or embroidery tools.




My Swoon quilting epic is continuing, slowly but surely. Just two more blocks and the cornerstones to go! Feeling a wee bit overwhelmed by retreat prep, but looking forward to it very much.

2 comments: