Sunday 23 June 2013

Quilts!

Happy Sunday! I'm back with photos of the finished quilts which Dan and I took yesterday. I feel so much happier to have a quilt photography plan. Hoping to employ him for further quilty photo-shoots in future too. 


Centre City Color Hex. Ok... I finished this quilt ages ago, but have never been able to photograph it properly. The colours in this fabric line (Jay McCarroll's Centre City) are so lovely and saturated, but my camera really struggled to balance the deep purples and almost neon brights. But finally I am happy to share it in all its glory. I used In Color Order's Color Hex pattern, and it came together beautifully. The background grey is Kona Coal.





The quilt back is Moda Bella Solid in Eggplant, with a little strip of scraps from the quilt front. I quilted in straight lines using dark grey thread. Binding is a black cotton solid.


The second quilt finish I want to share is another Jeni B inspired baby quilt. My Salt Water Star is based on the Giant Vintage Star tutorial, with my HSTs and corner blocks finishing at 9" square and a 2" border added all around to make the star float. I used the green and blue colorways of Tula Pink's Salt Water line with a bright white solid for the quilt front.

 .
Quilt back is a mixture of leftover solids in white and natural, with lots of Salt Water scraps in a stripey layout. The binding is a Bonnie and Camille Marmalade stripe in beige and white.


I quilted the Salt Water Star in happy free-motion loops using white thread.


Both of these little quilts are available now in my etsy store!
Centre City Color Hex Quilt here and Salt Water Star Quilt here.

2 comments: