Friday 15 February 2013

Pancakes and Love Day

It is a super busy month here at teacupfaery central. I have been sewing blocks for my month at do. good stitches (leading my first group quilt in March!), secret dress pattern testing, and lots of knitting, as well as hosting Aurora, the Travelling Blythe. She's had a quiet week so far, but it is time for a quick summary.


Last Saturday's trip to Dublin involved the purchase of a card game which turned out to have a fatal flaw. It needed swapping for a replacement, and the only sensible thing to do was for Jane (and Aurora) to travel to Dublin once more on Tuesday. Pancake Tuesday! Before we set off we had pancakes with banana, maple syrup and caramel pecans. Nom nom nom. Left the house with Dan and caught the 9am bus, getting me to Dublin for 11am. Attended to game shop business, then went to do some sightseeing. Turns out a totally neglected the South Side on Saturday.

First stop, Grafton Street, then the Phil Lynott statue. Then we went for a (bitterly cold) wander in Stephen's Green, where we met some swans and giant easter eggs. Not entirely sure what those were. Then to the museum to see the mummies. And a few of the shiny golden things. Then to Marks and Spencers for lunch, and possibly the most expensive cappuccino in the city (3.50 euro!)

Got to see my sister Sarah on Tuesday too, and her lovely friend Ailbhe. Went to a lovely coffee bar in the Georges Street Arcade.



Love day was spent very pleasantly. I spent the day working on my crafty pursuits while Dan was at work. Then we made banana muffins together and I sewed a bit more while we waited for our pizza delivery. Pizza for tea and then Janey choice movies in bed. I chose 'The Beyond', which was just as fantastically awful as I had hoped :)

Hope everyone had a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment