Saturday 26 January 2013

Something Fishy

I made another skirt! The idea for this one popped into my head on my freezing cold riverside walk a few days ago. like most people, I am in love with Tula Pink, and particularly her newest Salt Water collection. This collection is particularly special to me though as the giant Pacific octopus is my most favourite animal. I even have tentacles tattooed on my arm. I bought myself a FQ bundle for Christmas (and have since bought a second back up bundle, ahem.) but was lamenting the fact that I didn't have enough of any one print to actually wear it. But luckily, my patchwork skirt plan came together rather well. I used all 8 prints from the coral colourway, plus the sea stripe in blue for the waistband.



My sewing plans this weekend involve a couple of patchwork heart minis. Using AMH voiles, Liberty tana lawn, Madona Road and Carolina chambray. I also found time to make peanut butter and cherry blondies :) Off for another freezing cold walk now, then more happy stitching, blondies and plenty of coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment